B&Q tradepoint eligibility

Which can be a PITA at Screwfix, when somebody and his misses wants to chew the cud over which one to choose ("Well what do you think dear?"), see inside the box etc - whilst the queue gets longer and longer behind them.

I'd be all for a "no debate" queue at screwfix - if your slip isn't exactly right they chuck it straight in the bin and slap you about the head with an angle grinder (Quote No: 63218) .

I'd like an 'in stock' queue .. every time go to Screwfix outlet their never have all the items.

Used to me much better when it wasn't owned by Kingfisher

Reply to
Rick Hughes

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Man at B&Q" saying something like:

So? It's dog eat dog in the employment marketplace.

I wouldn't care - no skin off my nose.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I thought A levels were given away in cornfakes packets these days.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

If you are just a normal wage slave you would not normally be sent the "Income from Self Employment" section. You can ask for it and just fill it in there is no requirement to "register" as such.

National Insurance is the bigger problem, you can claim back overpayment of NI contribs but IIRC you have to ask *before* you have overpaid and the hoops to jump through are quite convoluted.

Not as far as I am aware you can "trade as" anything you like provided:

It's not obscence or likely to cause offense.

That some one else isn't already using it in the locality or has it registered as a trade mark etc. So ICI is out but Fred can quite simply use "Fred's Building Services" if he is the only Fred's Building Services in the immediate area. There can be unrelated Fred's Building Services in say Carlisle and Lancaster if the areas they cover don't overlap and there is little chance of confusion between the two.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I'm trade but not VAT registered. PLI would work - although if it was worth it, you could take it out, then cancel it. PLI starts at around £10 a month.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

that

They seem to have tightened up a bit:

have always been tighter:

fairly easy to achieve but not as lax as some one with Word and a printer as required for B&Q Tradepoint.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Worth 6 month prison sentence though?

Reply to
Clive George

Even then I doubt it, at the end of the first tax year in which you started the "self employed" work you just need to ask for the relevant forms from HMR&C.

Fairly sure you can set any losses you make from self employment against any tax you have paid via PAYE, savings etc... ie you tax bill is based on your *total* income not just individual parts of it.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

But she got the job because she implied (by lying about her qualifications) that she was up to it. She may only have been a paper pusher but how critical to someones life are those bits of paper?

She comitted fraud, plain and simple, she has been jailed, good.

Along side that the NHS department that employed her needs to look at their procedures. Why did they not ask to see the orginal A level certificates showing the grade B passes?

Oh it's only a paper pushers job to check that sort of thing, I wonder if they check that a Dr really does have the qualifications they say they have...?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadsworth" saying something like:

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

One presumes she did not declare her criminal record when asked.

I would guess that the exagerated qualifications were not a big issue, but forging an official Naval document and concealing a criminal record would be much more likely to get someone sent down.

Bearing in mind the publications, a suggestion that anyone could be jailed for tweaking their CV is much more likely to get a reader reaction.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

If someone came along a job, yet her references said she was responsible for (and has a criminal conviction for) two bomb hoaxes at her employers premises (RN ships) - I think it might rather influence her chances of getting a job, over those applicants that either had a clean record or had been honest about less serious wrongdoing.

The NHS is also one of those employers where you are legally required to admit to any criminal convictions.

Reply to
dom

Both her convictions are for lying.

She should have applied to work for a newspaper.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It says a lot for the Navy if she can work as a sonar operator but cannot count paper clips.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It can be done very quickly and easily on a home PC with a laser printer.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Yes, I, along with my wife and daughter got one of their cards when they sent a rep to the village hall, where my wife worked at the time. Wife lost hers, from lack of use, but daughter and myself still have ours and the daughter lives 266 miles away from the store she is registered at. I did run into a problem when they wanted to phone me up on the village hall phone number, until I told them it was an open and close and I never stayed on the promisies. The card comes in handy for bulk purchases that you can't buy in a supermarket.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I was 53 when I took early retirement and jumped on the band waggon of being a pensioner. Luckily, I was issued with a company pension card to back it up :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

That was my understanding, but someone I was talking to last week wanted to know where there was a Focus store. Are there any stores left that are still branded Focus?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

So that will be 68 years for you the young ones then.

ARWadsworth

Can we difine what a sentence means here :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave