B&Q tradepoint eligibility

Dave gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Adrian

21 was the age of legal majority at that time?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadsworth" saying something like:

Aye, heaven forbid that everyone here should have their CV scrutinised for lying.

Daily Mail would be a good one.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

*Gasp* you don't say.
Reply to
Steve Firth

In this case, cruel and unusual punishment. :-)

Reply to
Rod

builder that was asking.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Microsnot. I agree. :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

In message , Roland Snetterton writes

What's this studying stuff you're talking about?

Not a degree in English though ...

(Checks for Skitts law to kick in)

Reply to
geoff

At least 68 for the younger ones, I doubt it will have stayed at that age by the time they get it. Always assuming the State Pension still exists...

State Pension age for me is 66, I'm not so young at 50 this year. Pensions are boring and seem an *awful* long way into the future when you in your 20 or 30's but you do really need to be making good provision now.

=A325/month over 40 years =3D =A312,000 invested at 4% interest =3D =A33=

1,000. To have a =A331k pot after 10 years at 4% you need to pump in =A32,250/month, which do you think is easier to do...

Not that a 31k will buy you much pension at all but it illustrates that starting early has great benefit.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Eh? £2250/mo even at 0% gives you £270k after 10 years. Shome mishtake shurley.

Your point about starting *early* and *consistently* with your own pension scheme is, however, a good and valid one.

Reply to
Tim Streater

At ours they were begging people to sign up a while back. No proof needed. Say you've just started ...

Reply to
mogga

Incorrect. The registration is for the payment calss 2 NICs, even if you already pay class 1 as an employee. I believe the information is shared and this will also result in you being required to complete a tax return.

From

"You must also pay Class 2 NICs if you are self-employed in your spare time, even if - as an employee - you are also paying Class 1 NICs. However, if your Class 1 payments exceed a certain level, you may be able to defer payment of your Class 2 NICs."

Again, incorrect. You have to regsiter for class 2 NICs within 3 months of becoming self employed.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

You are required to register within 3 months for the payment of class

2 NICs, even if you are still employed.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Oops yes, well spotted. It was late my sanity checking must have gone to bed early. B-) =A32250/mo over 1 year... so make it =A3225/mo over

10 years at 4%.

Aye, learnt the hard way. B-( I started as a staffer at 18 but didn't *have* to join the company pension scheme until I was 21 so I didn't. I got made redundant after 14 years but only have 11 years in the pension. That late joining, that no body(*) warned me about the consequences of, has probably cost me over =A31000/year on that pension.

(*) Not friends, relatives, parents or the company personnel department.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The qualification is age 60, not pensioner status.

Gordon has seen to it that it will. Remember he snatched money out of the private sector pensions plans in his first budget and took more later.

I was in my late twenties and working for Hawker Siddeley on night shift when we got a visit from the pension department. His pitch was so good, I signed up to it immediately. This enabled me to take early retirement at the age of 53, ten years ago. My state pension kicks in, in 15 months time as well.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Roland Snetterton" saying something like:

Yes. You are an utter arse. How's about that?

Nice leap of logic there. Quite what pseudo-scientific discipline you got your cornflake degree in, I don't know, but deductive reasoning didn't figure highly.

Ooh,, I'm wounded. COMPEN!

Hahahah... yeah, right. Another wanker with an internet degree.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

>> Unrelated.

Three 'newspapers' all carrying the same story almost word-for-word,and eachr epresenting it as all their own work,

Reply to
djc

You sound surprised?

The plymouth one has no attribution at all, not even a vague "From our corespondent" let alone "From our court reporter, Fred Bloggs". It's very common for the same story to appear, almost, if not completely, verbatim in many different newspapers.

Sometimes a small tweak adjusts the meaning a little that gets passed on and another small tweak shifts the meaning or indeed facts again. Do not take anything you see, hear or read in the media as the truth or even vaguely accurate.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice