B&Q spends £60m on relaunched website

Maybe it's worth if for them, given that it is all they do they want to amke it as east as possible - (somewhere like Tesco or B&Q it's a bit of sideline to reserve instore stock ISTM), maybe people do it less for argos, maybe it's for another reason etc.

eg. Screwfix don't offer the service. You have to pay upfront.

Can you actually reserve/buy anything in Tesco store now anyway (other than the grocery option)? It seems to be the click and collect option for the online store.

Reply to
Chris French

if you mean "can you got to the collection counter and place a manual order (for collection tomorrow)"

yes you can, I did it five days ago

tim

Reply to
tim.....

I thought SF predated the WWW by ten years.

Reply to
mike

Indeed. Screwfix started as a mail order business in 1979. As there's a reference to their "trading hours" being increased in 2000, they presumably did business over the phone as well.

However while their first website dates from 1999 - they only opened their first store in 2005. This had grown to 200 by Feb

2012 and there are now 350.

All according to wiki at least.

michael adams

michael adams

Not quite true. I called, in person, at their sales counter in Yeovil sometime in the early 1990s - that's before they sold out to Kingfisher.

Reply to
charles