Return Items To B&Q For Refund With Receipt Or Without Policy

Bought loads of plumbing bits from B+Q recently and have now found that I don't need all of them. (To be honest, wished I'd looked at screwfix first).

I've got all of the receipts but some of the bits (t-pieces, connectors etc) are still in the package some are not.

Any ideas if B+Q will refund me for these?

Reply to
BertieBigBollox

The products still in the packaging that you have the receipts for they will take back. However any that you have not kept the packaging they will not take back due to the problems they will have in re-selling them.

Brad

Reply to
Brad

In my experience, B&Q will refund anything you have a rceipt for whether the package has been opened or not.

Reply to
Vera

Even when the pack is incomplete?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

If you mean a couple of planks missing from the pack of 10 where they also sell the planks individually then yes - they'll refund you. Other than that - well I've no idea - it wouldn't occur me to try.

Reply to
Vera

Are you sure about that?! Have they really given you a full refund even though you've used some of the items?

Reply to
Mathew J. Newton

Of course not :) Sorry, what I meant was that if you buy a pack of (for instance) 10 planks and only use 5, they'll refund you the cost less the 5 you used (at the price of singles, not half the price of the 10 pack).

Reply to
Vera

Yes, they will - took back a complete (and opened) mixer tap (50 ponds cost) no bother.

Reply to
tetrathlon

Ah, okay. Thanks for the clarification. There goes my idea of how to save some money on the upcoming kitchen refurb! ;-)

Reply to
Mathew J. Newton

What about opened and packet gone ???

Reply to
paulfoel

Logically it should make no difference whether the packaging is opened or completely missing - they still will have to repackage before reselling - worth a try I'd say. If the spotty kid serving you looks vacant and says he can't take it back, get him to check with a manager. In my experience the managers just want to keep the customer happy and will be reasonable.

Reply to
Vera

Anything in the package they refund - though in vouchers if you haven't got a receipt. One of their better features which allows me to overbuy and then take back the excess.

Reply to
Mike

Hmm. So if you buy a pack of 10 which costs less than the price of 9 singles, use one and take 9 back you end up in profit :-)

I notice there is a huge sign behind our refunds desk about receipt fraud. Presumably cases like this they look at very carefully.

Reply to
Mike

Hi

IME B&Q will refund just about anything, especiially at busy periods.

The 'Depots' have different promotions to the normal stores. I once bouight a drill driver for =A359:95 in a depot on a special promo and when it failed I took it back to my local store. I'd lost the reciept, but they still refunded it - and at =A379:95 which was their price for the item.

My mate had a =A339:95 pressure washer which packed up 2 days inside the warranty. They gave him a new one, but by now they had gone down to =A329:95 - so they gave him =A310 as well!!

Dave

Reply to
Magician

Is this not clear? If you buy a pack of 10 (let's say that costs £25 as opposed to a single which costs £3) and use 5, they'd refund you £25 minus the cost of 5 singles (5 X £3)

How do you work that out?

Reply to
Vera

Vera, you're just too honest. The other scenario would be if you went back to B&Q with 5 singles, with no receipt, and said "I bought 6 last week and only needed one. So please refund me my £15 in gift vouchers for these five"

See above - you receive £27 in gift vouchers although you only paid £25 for the pack. But you might get more than a funny look if you tried to claim you'd bought 9 at 'single' price last week, not used any of them, and oops, lost your receipt to boot. (Better to return them over a course of two or three B&Q visits! Not that anyone here would ever do that, though.)

David

Reply to
Lobster

Unless a pack of ten is less than ten times the price of a single... if you see where I am going ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

B&Q multipack arbitrage. Hell of a way to make a living.

Reply to
Huge

Now all we need do is identify the perfect product:

High value, small, light, available in singles and multipacks at a good discount (or if they will take stuff back without a receipt) available at much better discount from a alternative wholesaler! (hmm seem to be slipping into ever more devious (i.e. dodgy) solutions here!)

Reply to
John Rumm

Needs to be something unpackaged. Pipe lagging or copper tube perhaps ? Available singly from B&Q and in boxes from wholesalers. :-)

Reply to
Mike