B&Q Price promise Boll**ks

Page 2 of 2

How about identical (and I mean identical), but only a different badge? I've had retailer claim that a small badge meant they were a different product, and decline to offer the same price. Fair enough, perhaps, but it shows up the worthless nature of some of these offers.
#Paul
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 11:42:59 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@delillo.lsr.ph.ic.ac.uk wrote:

Then it isn't identical.

They were.

To a point they are, but generally own-brand products are sold at the lower price points as it is. You can compare products of the same brand that are available in multiple places and obtain a refund. Remember that they don't *have* to make these offers.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Add pictures here
βœ–

But how can you (or they) be certain they are identical and just the badge is different? They could be built/tested to entirely different standards - and maybe even include a different warranty.
--
*Why do psychics have to ask you for your name? *

βœ–
Earl Kella wrote:

Do you phone up those 09**** numbers when you receive a mailshot or SMS saying you've won a £x000 prize?
How much have you made recently helping West African businessmen spirit the personal fortunes of recently deceased/deposed dictators out of their countries via your bank account?
Remember: there's no such thing as a free lunch :-)
1. Read the small print 2. Caveat Emptor
Hey! let's be careful out there!
Add pictures here
βœ–

Not regularly, I've found they just keep you on the line for hours.

At least I can rest easy knowing I have helped these people out :-)

My wife tells me I am such a cynic about everything and never believe any advertising trash, or even some "reality" TV prog. That's why I was so pissed at not realising the mechanics behind the price promise.
Not anymore!
Earl (Still think sign should say "Same product, same brand").
Add pictures here
βœ–
Same product = same brand and part number
The electrical retailers have worked this scam out years before B&Q coppied it, they sell almost the exact same thing, with a different part number. Only when you buy a top brand product, like say a "Dyson DC01" do you have any chance with this sort of scam ..........
Rick

Add pictures here
βœ–

Photographic retailers have been doing this for 30 years or more and even on top brand products there was a slightly different model number for each retailer.
--
Alan
βœ–

Surely everyone knows it is a marketing ploy, to get you in the shop. If someone relies on this as a reason for shopping in particular place, well about time they were a little less naive
--
Chris French, Leeds

Add pictures here
βœ–

On a positive note for B&Q's price promise I did get 15 quid off them when I bought a new central heating controller a couple of years ago. Having noticed it in homebase for £45 I went around to B&Q where it was priced around the £60 mark and drew this to their attention when I got to the till. After a quick phone call to the local Homebase they dropped the price and gave me the difference. So they have at least been known to cough up for identical goods.
I suppose the issue here is whether or not the goods are effectively identical and how you go about proving that.
cheers
David
Add pictures here
βœ–
I don't like price promises, it's like they're saying they _could_ offer better value, but can't be bothered to unless _you_ do the legwork.
Though I expect they have a refund policy, so you could always get your money back and shop elsewhere.
You don't see many tradesmen shopping in B&Q do you? ;)
cheers, Pete.
Add pictures here
βœ–