B&Q installation service

Has anyone on here used B&Q to also install their purchases, i.e. Kitchens, bathrooms etc? I am going to start replacing my en-suite shortly (shower enclosure, toilet and basin). No alterations to the position of anything, so no major plumbing works necessary. I may even have a go myself, it's just the time.......not enough hours in the day.

It would be a full rip out and replace, including tiling.

I have heard that B&Q offer installations on their products, has anyone had B&Q install anything for them? What was the quality of the work like? Is the price reasonable? Did they return to correct any problems (if any)?

TIA

Reply to
diy-newby

All is outsourced to local fitters.

Find a local fitter and save yourself a fortune.

Reply to
JoeJoe

The work is done by companies which bid the lowest price for the installation contract each year. They are paid a fixed amount for each installation so want to finish them as quickly as possible.

The better fitters don't go after this sort of work as it isn't very profitable unless you cut corners on the installation.

The fitters don't get paid for fixing faults so have no great incentive to come back and do so.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Have a read of

the end of the saga - it's worth reading back :-)

Of course, they outsource to local fitters anyway so you may well have a better (or worse?) experience....

Darren

Reply to
dmc

If its anything like B&Q's Handyman service you're gonna need another mortgage to pay them :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman