B&Q immersion heater - porous electrode ?.

Hi all,

A couple of years ago, after maybe 30 years of sterling service, my immersion heater failed. So I fitted a £20 B&Q one. After loads of trouble with the safety thermostat, I had a closer look yesterday and found that there must have been a slight leak around the live electrode and it's almost solid rust.

Can anyone please recommend a quality replacement ?

Reply to
gentlegreen

I suspect I may have fallen foul of the dreaded RoHS.

I bought a replacement hard water element and stat from Screwfix for a fiver less .. got it home and it's identical to the one that failed and I suspect I can see corrosion where the element passes through the brass backplate.

If this one fails in 2 years' time, maybe I'll send both back to the manufacturer. (12 months' warranty).

Reply to
gentlegreen