Ariston combi

Son has just bought his first house [looks like my next 100 weekends are spoken for!!] It has an Ariston Combi boiler and the overflow/expansion pipe constantly drips when it is running. The fill pipe valve is open and the needle gauge reads 3bar.

There are red marks at 0 to 0.5 bar. blue marks at 0.5 to 1.5 bar . i guess that the optimum pressure is in the blue setting, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

If I am correct then how do I reduce the fill pressure or will it sort itself out. Sorry if this a bit of a numb qustion but it aint my field. Many thanks

Reply to
Grumpy owd man

What should the fill pressure be on an Ariston Combi Boiler? Son has just bought his first house and the fill pressure gauge is at 3 bar on the boiler and the fill loop valve is open and the overflow/expansion pipe is constanntly dripping. I am guessing it should be between 0.5 and 1.5 bar? If this is so then how do we reduce the pressure to this level? If I am on the wrong track then has anyone got any thoughts as to what the problem may be?

many thanks in advance

Reply to
Grumpy owd man

Fill pipe should be closed, and it should probably read about

1 bar when cold (although that depends how far below the highest point in the sealed system the pressure guage is). It will probably increase increase to about 2 bar when hot.

Close the fill pipe. I might speculate it was left open because the system has a leak, so just see what happens to the pressure when it's closed.

There's a knob on the pressure relief valve which you can turn to let out some water. This is normally a bad idea because it can get debris stuck in it which will cause it to leak, but as it's been leaking anyway, it might serve to help any trapped debris escape.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Try reading the SealedCH FAQ linked below.

Reply to
Ed Sirett