Ariston Combi problem

Anybody know what the pressure gauge on an Ariston Combi should read?
Son has just bought his first house and the boiler gauge is at 3 bar and
the water constantly drips from the overflow / expansion pipe when
running. Also the fill loop valve appears to be constantly open.
I am guessing the gauge should read between 0.5 and 1.5 bar, but it is
only a guess.
Many thanks
Reply to
Grumpy owd man
0.5 and 1 bar when cold. If the valve drips even when cold replace it. If it drips when hot then check the pressure vessel pressure or if the diaphragm is holed replace it.
Reply to
Doctor Drivel
Ah!, I have not really explained it very well. the water is coming from a pipe which runs to the outside of the property if this make any difference. The drip is not internal
Reply to
Grumpy owd man
Exactly. It is the pressure relief valve which is piped to outside. You will know if the diaphragm is holed as water comes out of the shrader valve.
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Site Timeline Threads