Angle grinder use

won't be very useful after he's cut his leg off!

Reply to
Roger Mills

't all DIYers dress like that?.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

> Don't all DIYers dress like that?.

I wear red.

Reply to
ARW

I thought he had balls of steel ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

aid of distressed clampees.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I bet the law was written so that the victims still had to pay fines, though. How was the grinder powered?

Reply to
Davey

Petrol. And he used a stihl saw not an angle grinder.

grinders are for wimps

Reply to
ARW

IIRC you have to pay the fine, and you get prosecuted for criminal damage on the clamp :(

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I can't see that they can get you as long as a) you didn't do it and b) you didn't ask anyone else to. The law cannot possibly hold you responsible for the unsolicited actions of a passing stranger!

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

They will probably say that, since the clamp was attached to your car, you were responsible for it! And they would still do you for the parking fine. Bummer. I wonder if the insurance would cover a broken clamp?

Reply to
Davey

If its a council sub contracted firm, then probably. A private firm acting in a private car park might be somewhat different since the "fine" is in reality just and invoice.

Reply to
John Rumm

I liked the laconic, and subtly menacing, statement from Sydney Police, quoted in The Week: "He is committing the offence of criminal damage. We will deal with him."

Reply to
Another John