Angle Grinder!

Yes, I know its the standard answer to many questions!

My mate over tut road tiled his bathroom floor. Wise lad, he removed the WC & the pedestal under the basin first.

WC went back in OK, after I'd lent him a drill driver, multi material bit, plugs, screws & some LS-X. I'm like a piggin hire shop in our close.

Pedestal wouldn't fit back under the basin. He asked if he could borrow an angle grinder to trim it. Hmmmm.

Diamond blade, masking tape & he has cut 6mm off the base of the pedestal leaving a near perfect edge. Wouldn't have though it possible myself.

So now you know.

Q; How to I trim a porcelain pedestal? A; Angle grinder!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It's one advantage of having very oldie neighbours - generally they don't want to borrow my hydraulic jack/best chisels/ladders/whatever.

Reply to
dom

I get the opposite - most of my mates don't seem to have reached the DIY stage of life yet :-)

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

Been there, done that. But I skimmed the *top* of the pedestal as the cut edge was hidden by the sink. I scored the glaze first with a diamond-tipped security marker.

Reply to
LSR

I'm fascinated to learn what you're going do with the used plugs, screws, and LS-X when he returns them :-) ... or are you expecting them to be returned in a, shall we say, more /liquid/ form?

Reply to
Martin Bonner