Alternative ways of achieving a Tyrolean render finish?

I am removing a back door and bricking it up but, the outside is rendered tyrolean style. Now I'm prepared to get a Tyrolean hopper and practise a bit and have a go (having never done it before) but I was wondering if there's an alternative way?

I was thinking along the lines of the way Artex finishes are sometimes made with a roller. Is there a roller or similar method which will give a reasonable tyrolean finish? I'm not expecting perfection with this method and I realise it will be noticeable compared to the real thing but, I'm prepared to overlook that if anyone can suggest an easier way than using the hopper.

Reply to
clangers_snout

Use the hopper

Reply to
RW

Fix some trellis over the bricked up bit, this will conceal the difference in wall texture especially once it's planted up with something.

Owain

Reply to
Owain