Render.

I'm going to patch up some spalled render on ma-in-law's outhouse - Any of you guru's willing to tell me what is the best concrete sand lime mix ratio to use please? I'm also need to redo the Tyrolean (on the areas i'm redoing) any sage hints regarding doing this pleez?

Thanks very much.

Reply to
Picker

Depends if you need cement or lime render. For cement, 6:1:1 is good. For lime, 3:1 lime putty to sand is good. Dont use cement render on old properties, mistake.

Lime putty is most economically made by dumping a bag of hydrated lime into a bin, covering with water, and closing it up. Leave for a month or so.

NT

Reply to
bigcat