Advice needed on wiring picture lights.

My brother bought some pictures that have lights within them and connected with a foreign 2pin lead. both leads on the pictures reach to the skirting board and are about 3 metres apart, a further metre to the socket.

How can I wire these 2 together, and then into a plug socket so when i switch on, both lights are illuminated? I need a way to start at the socket, go to the 1st light (1m away) and then to the second light (a further 3m away).

What wire and connectors etc should i be using.

Many thanks in advance for any comments.

Reply to
lavenders19

Ok.........

One way to do it.......

Start with a 13A Plug with a 3A fuse fitted, connect this with 3 core flex (about as small a cross section as you can get, 1.00mm would be ample) to a 2 way trailing socket (like you get with a 4 way mains ext cable only 2 way) position this under the first light.

Chop off the foreign plug and fit a 13A plug with 3A fuse. Plug in. Make up a 3 Metre ext cable from 3 core flex as above, 13A plug with 3A fuse fitted and a single 13A trailing socket. Plug this into the empty socket of the 2 way trailing socket. Cut the foreign plug off the other light and plug it into the one way trailing socket.

Now (and only now) plug in, switch on and enjoy!

NB The above assumes the lights are

Reply to
zikkimalambo

As Zikki says, preceded by:

Make sure that the presence of nasty foreign plugs doesn't mean that the pictures are expecting nasty foreign voltages, especially 110V.

Chris

Reply to
chris_doran

If the foreign plug is the Continental two pin type, you can get a screw on adaptor to convert this to a 13 amp plugtop. This screws on and is semi permanent, and is also cheap. CPC have them.

Reply to
Bob Eager