Baxi Bermuda Inset 2 50/4E back boiler lockout

I have an intermittent problem with a Baxi Bermuda Inset 2 50/4E back boiler.

The igniter starts and the pilot light comes on but the boiler doesn't always light, the lockout light coming on after about 30 sec. During this 30 sec period the pilot light is on and the igniter is still sparking . Resetting the boiler by switching odd and back on again resolves the problem - until the next time !!

Should I suspect the PCB or something else ?

Any help appreciated.

Brian

Reply to
Brian

Had this issue with drafts, bending the flame slightly causing the CO flame sensor to trigger the lockout. Not always on windy days either.

Cured, in my case, by better draft sealing around the back hearth and a baffle plate being fixed by the fitter near the flame. I think air was being drawn in as the boiler ignited bending the flame. The fitter temporarily fitted some aluminium foil baffles to experiment as the boiler would not fault when open and taken apart of course. Removed foil and fitted a plate once he got it working 100%. This fixed it for years afterwards.

Reply to
Ian_m

Thanks for that, worth a look, although the boiler has been working fine for about 2 years with no problems.

Reply to
Brian

I wonder if internal drafts is the "issue" with my Inset 3 50/6E? It has never gone into lockout, but when it ignites it takes, inconsistently, from just one spark to very many sparks to ignite the boiler. At times I hear it going click... click... click... and wonder if it is about to go into lockout but it never has. Yet.

John

Reply to
John Phillips