Adjusting a Velux window - Help.

I installed a Velux GGL - 6 on a sloping roof about 15 years ago. In certain conditions (usually light rain) it leaks in one corner, but this can be stopped by opening it a little. A close examination reveals that the inner frame, holding the glass, is very slightly out of alignment with the outer - 2 or 3 mm over a 900mm length, leaving a larger gap on the leaking side.

Can any one give me a clue as to what to adjust to correct the alignment, for I can see no obvious method and, unfortunately, do not have the fitting instructions? TIA.

Tony.

Omit cymru to email.

Reply to
Tony

I think its too late once the outer fame is installed. However I would be surprised if that's the reason for the leak. More likely the flashing is damaged or misaligned or a drainage channel blocked (or leaking). Check these things first.

Alan

Reply to
Alan James

Tony expressed precisely :

To adjust the alignment of the frame, you would need to remove the tiles and the flashing under them along either side. The frame is fixed to the rafters by four or more L brackets which allow up/down and left/right adjustments to be made.

I doubt the misalignment of the frame is the cause of the leak, more likely it will be due to some other cause such as damaged or loose flashing.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk:

UTTER PERVERSION!