A Public Liability (pictures)

I didn't capture what happened between DSCF7217 & DSCF7218 but we all heard the crash. The two guys were perched up there when it happened and seemed to continue as if nothing had happened.

The property owners don't seem to be home. It's getting dark and they are cementing the bricks back. Oh wait they've got some tiles.

I'll keep you posted.

Reply to
Graham.

That's a rancid knackered stack! I do not know why they ar epatching it up - it wants taking off and rebuilding from scratch...

Reply to
Tim Watts

It's 1639, Manchester and little more than a crescent moon to see by. They are still up there, presumably trying to make good the damage before the owner returns.

Reply to
Graham.

Judging by some roofing work I had done recently, a good few days making those tiles good. And that's assuming they know what they're doing . . .

Reply to
RJH

Did they arrive with a drop side transit with a horse head picture on the door?

Reply to
MrCheerful

Very badly equipped. A terrible roof to work on. An accident waiting to happen.

Next door's wall-mounted MBM46 aerial is interesting.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

That's the most interesting interval of the whole sequence. There's also an interesting patch on the left of DSCF7219 above the window which looks new.

It's a wonder those two carried on working after nearly killing themselves and smashing up the roof. I wonder if they are insured.

Reply to
pamela

Some chappie over at the Wrights Aerials site says they're no good if mounted with reflections at the rear.

Reply to
pamela

Which direction out of the 3 the aerials are pointing to do you think is correct one ?

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

I think that one is on M-y-P and the odd one out on the stack is on SC.

Funnily enough it turned out that the guy who had them put up, when I moved here in 1976, was a colleague of mine at Granada Rentals. I can't remember anything about him now.

Reply to
Graham.

It's a testament to the days of quality and regional diversity of Independent Television.

Reply to
Graham.

Oh yes , I can remember installing a rotator so I could receive the adjoining region and maybe get a different film to watch. Was sharing a house with a load of mates at the time and "Happy Days" was one of the popular things we watched , HTV showed it just after or it may have been before Southern so we watched two different editions from different seasons. They were a considerable time apart , we watched two Christmas editions one day and the age difference was considerable , basically the character Joanie was a child in one and a teenager in the other.

The asbestos cement flue is intriguing, is it where there used to be a back street Tripe maker or something?

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

I'm sure it will look super when the sun comes out - all the bricks nicely true, properly spaced, and no cement on the brick faces... ;-)

Please do take a close-up tomorrow morning...

I'm sure it must be too cold for mortaring up there anyway, so it will break apart really easily, ready to be redone.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

En el artículo , Graham. escribió:

Bloody hell. Made an already dodgy roof worse.

Was that little dip in the tiles in the first pic there before they started?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I imagine there will be plenty more interesting photos before it gets sorted out. It almost calls for a web cam. :-)

Reply to
pamela

Well, lucky there's no rain forecast for a few days.

Reply to
harry

Ta

I enjoyed that.

Reply to
ARW

last night and today's added to same album.

The dark ones were taken at 4:30, in reality it was almost totally dark. Check out the EXIF.

Reply to
Graham.

I guess so, all they had done at that point was erect the ladders.

Reply to
Graham.

Yikes! Makes me shiver to see how they work. The same way I did. I hated those f***in Rosemary tiles. They can look quite strong from above but the damage occurs on the underside. Sometimes to the extent that a finger could be pushed through the top surface to find the body of the tile none existent.

I have dealt with bad stacks but I would have walked away from that.

...Ray.

Reply to
RayL12