$5bn for 350 miles of 6GW cable?

lets see. Nuclear power is about $5Bn for a gigawatt..and wind power is at best 30% load average.

And needs backing up with at least as much conventional fossil plant to guarantee supply integrity.

and the win turbines cost about twice the nuclear power station to put up, so this installation will cost about $17bn plus another $10bn of backup, to do a bad job of 2GW, that could be done by $10bn of nuclear power

Gosh, progress is a wonderful thing.

Now what was that about an undersea cable to Algerian sun farms so 6GW would be what? $50bn?

Enough to build 10GW of safe onshore in our own country we can stockpile fuel for it..and golly. It would even work after dark.

No that's a stupid idea. Greenepisse wouldn't like it. So it must be bollocks.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher