Subject Author Posted Replies

Man Survives Saw In Stomach - Shocking Image
9
9

Paint!
About 12 months ago I painted the wood in the house with brilliant white gloss. It was a decent brand. 6 months later it started to go yellow. I did a moan to the manufactures and was told that that...
30
30

Megaflo element suppliers?
Hi all, I am going to have a look at a Megaflow Ocean water heater tomorrow morning, and suspect it will need a replacement element. I have had a quick look around the web, but don't immediately see...
6
6

the 'TV aerial' discussion
The trouble with newsgroups is that the OP can't differentiate between the one or two people who know what they're talking about and the rest. The 'TV aerial' discussion includes many responses that...
36
36

Painting Metal ?
I have a couple of metal brackets off the wifes mobility scooter that have gone rusty. Getting the rust off will be easy, but how should I paint them after Jim
8
8

Rotary multi tools
Just blown the field coil of my faithfull Draper. So much choice now; should I go for a proper Dremel or something mid range like the Draper or Sealey, or something cheap like the Ferm (given that it...

Maybe OT: Gas pipe colour
Hi Slightly off topic unless I'm asked to get the paint brush out. We (at work) have a long run of gas pipe from the meter, around the outside wall of a car park, then into our office where the boiler...
4
4

Windows live mail
Can anyone tell me how to change the storage folder for Windows live mail? I have done it before but I'm dammed if I can work out how this time! Mike
2
2

OT: Windows 2000 Pro to XP Pro upgrade without having to reinstall applications?
All variants of the '286 had a sort-of-MMU. It couldn't handle invalid accesses by re-running the instruction (which you must have for virtual memory), and there were no pages anyway - just...
198
198

Help please to resolve a sticky situation.
Being the recent owner of a satnav I wished to mount it on the dash. However the surface is too rough for the suction pad to adhere properly, so I bought one of the pads that stick on with 3M's...
16
16

Gap between floor tiles and wall
Hi, I have a room which has percelain tiles on the floor with water based underfloor heating in the slab below. The tiler laid the floor with a gap of a few mm from the walls as the original plan was...
4
4

Cable locators like Fluke 2042 to find faulty electric ufh?
The underfloor mat is a ProWarm generating 200w per square metre (the area is about 12sqm) - it worked perfectly for about nine months then it went co ld all of a sudden....I've checked the resistance...
27
27

Tools
I know we've had variations on this before, but I thought one or two of them were quite good... http://www.jumbojoke.com/a_mans_guide_to_tools.html

Can some identify these fittings please.
I'm looking to extend the hose of my power washer but seeing as its a Parkside washer I can't get any ready made hoses so need to identify the fittings that are on my machine. Could someone please...
2
2

bath panel retaining clips - name? source?
plastic bath panels are usually held "on" by some sort of spring clips (plastic or metal) so that they can be removed for access etc what are they called and where can I get some? trawled ebay but...
2
2