Subject Author Posted Replies

Intel graphics drivers for linux
(Heads up, not a question) This: I've just ripped this out of my Xubuntu 14.04 laptop and it seems to have been causing all manner of problems. The main one was rdesktop crashing my Xorg server with...
47
47

Very nears at Aldi
For those who do not have a set yet. Digital Caliper: caliper-1/ £8.99, not a bad price for a mainstream outlet. Shop for Baby, DIY, Kitchen, Cycling, Sports, Tvs, Home & Garden online.

Hot water go slow
Symptom is hot water to bath starts off fine and then slows down - takes a long time to fill the bath. It's a mains pressure system. I've just had the boiler serviced, which has fixed the central...
20
20

Wago Connectors
After altering our kitchen we are left with a double 13 amp socket part way up what is now and otherwise plain wall in what is now a dining alcove.. SWMBO wants it removed!! A blanking plate will not...
22
22

Electric Gizmo
World's Simplest Electric Train | Spicytec

OT Electric " train"
You'll like this! World's Simplest Electric Train | Spicytec
21
21

OTIsalm in theUK
When will liberal apologists stop making excuses for undemocratic, uncivilised and downright illegal behaviour in Britain?
1
1

Condensing Extractor Fan
Just replaced an extractor fan in a second floor bathroom with no window and no external wall. This is in a flat. Connected to the existing pipe and then discovered that the pipe leads into the loft...
8
8

OT any ideas who manufactures this door slab?
We have a dispute with a company who refuses to give us the manufacturers details of the door slab below. Any ideas who the manufacturer is? Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos,...
5
5

Male to male cables
My brother sent me these pictures of a cable he found today plugged in (but not switched on!) on MoD property (barrack block utility room). Ignoring H&S, anyone know what the connector is actually...
25
25

New petrol chainsaw - what to go for?
I'm in the market for a new petrol chainsaw. When I say 'petrol' I mean 2-stroke (I suppose!). My old one is an Alko - had it 30 years, used maybe 4 times a year for odd jobs (pruning and firewood...
25
25

spotted in a flat
Bill https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/20150203_142623.jpg
8
8

Tank Installation (was Domestic heating oil tank blockage)
Comments invited on this tank installation: Explore stingray666@rocketmail.com's 12 photos on Flickr!
13
13

Roofing felt v temperature
It looks like I may have a weather window to allow me to refelt the shed roof, next 3 days forecast as dry. My intention is get the old stuff off over 2 days and then replace. One issue maybe the...
11
11

Hot water bottles
SWMBO bought a couple of hot water bottles. Made in England, which is good. But they both say to Not use boiling water, nor to use water from the domestic hot water system, as this may damage them....
24
24