Subject Author Posted Replies

Remove security tag?
Wifey bought underwear for son only to find a security tag still attached when he tried to wear the pants. Shop is miles away, and receipt long gone. Brute force? How do these things work? A couple of...
27
27

OT Computer WiFi Question
Virgin have upgraded me to 100MB broadband - but to use it I need to be able to receive 5GHz. My tablet does but my laptop and desktop won't. The limitation seems to be the WLAN Card. Could I get a...
75
75

Ride-on mower gearbox lubricant?
Old Laser (Mountfield / Westwood family, belt drive, Kohler twin engine). Tecumseh 6 speed gearbox and back axle, had to remove it to free up corroded selector shaft. Surprised to find it lubricated...

Cupboard Door
I want to put a door, about H90cm x W40cm in a section of timber stud/plasterboard, to give access for storage to the void behind. The void is encased in insulation board, so it doesn't need to be the...
4
4

OT. EUSSR wants even more money off of us!
The Chancellor arrived in Brussels for talks with EU finance ministers insisting countries within the eurozone must 'foot the bill' for stopping Greece leaving the single currency.

Recent new door frame twisted
Around 18months ago, a new door frame plus fire door was installed for a bedroom. The hinge side of the frame, to the edge on of a stud and plaster-board wall. The latch side, to a flat brick internal...
2
2

Things on my mind (3)
His wife has a guest who she quite likes but he cannot stand. It being lunchtime he is sent into the kitchen to prepare a snack for his wife and the guest: eggs on toast. From the kitchen he can hear...
8
8

Things on my mind (2)
I was loitering in the beer section of Morrisons and there was an attractive woman in her thirties picking up bottles, peering at them, and putting a few in her trolley. Like all old men I will do...
8
8

Things on my mind (1)
Whilst having the bonfire that I have to have because the council won't take all our rubbish I chanced upon a small directory, one of those that comes free. Of course I looked at the 'Aerials'...
22
22

Will araldite set in a fridge ?
One of the plastic lugs in the door moulding that holds in the lower shelf has broken off. I'm prepared to try a wood shape replacement araldited on with a couple of wood screws into the insulation to...
13
13

OT So that's how my Council Tax is spent
It has taken 13 workmen on five seperate visits over the last few weeks to replace an old lamp post outside our house, and you know what the light is still not working! Richard
3
3

MEILLEURS SITES PTC - Payant - PLUS FIABLE 2015
MEILLEURS SITES PTC - Payant - PLUS FIABLE 2015 trafficmonsoon PTC : paidverts PTC :

sticky worktop syndrome
We had a thread a while back on plastic handles degrading on some hand tools. Two sets of kitchen worktops installed in 1995 seem to be exhibiting similar symptoms. The surface appears sticky to...
17
17

OT. EUSSR claims a s**tload more money off of us.
ANGER flared yesterday after the European Commission brazenly fined Britain £642 million for poor accounting.

Odd mortice lock problem
Got a call today from a customer which is a semi secure unit for the rehabilitation of ex offenders. They couldn't unlock the managers office door, mortice lock activated by a euro cylinder. Very odd,...
5
5