13 Amp Nut

within the pre-programmed firmware of Squirrels, there seems to be an instruction sequence that involves detaching round nut-like objects from branch like things like wires, before applying angle grinder mode or burying said item.

I've had several torpedo switches expertly removed and lost from lamp standards, and also chewed ring main cable (which I'm going to place in conduit when I get spare tuits), but recently he's targetting plug tops.

Is PVC plastic their version of crack? He seems a bit mad on it, and also has eaten a few CD cases and CDs I'd kept after importing contents to our squeezebox server.

Happily, I do belive we have now squirrel proofed the garage, so this should hopefully be the last of it.

Reply to
Adrian C

Just leaving all 13A plugs plugged-in ought to solve the problem soon enough.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I once knew an Alsatian who liked to chew power cords. For a while.

Reply to
Davey

It's bizarre that rodents like to eat plastic. For sure it has no nutritional value, but the taste obviously appeals. In the case of rats and mice and cable insulation, a definite fire risk.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Can we put those 2 pics on the wiki?

NT

Reply to
NT

Space in the market place for plastic rat poison granules? Won't leach out, not attractive to other animals, easy to handle etc.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Yes.

Reply to
Davey

If they don't leach out how is the poison going to get into the rat?

I have seen poison in plastic bags so you can handle it and it will stay there in the wet until eaten.

Reply to
dennis

In message , "dennis@home" writes

I think the idea of this is that the rat carries the entire sachet back to the nest; less risk to non-target species.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

If the rat can read the instructions! Our local rat-man carries his stuff in buckets, and each portion is in a plastic bag. He then skewers the bag, so letting the smell out, inside a feeding station. The entrances let in rats, mice, and anything else smaller that likes the smell of rat poison.

Reply to
Davey

Sure :)

Also ye might like his last handy work on mains cable

Adrian C

Reply to
dennis

I don't think rat poison should be placed where the rain can get to it, but in any case rain is one thing, a rat's stomach acid is something else. A valid point, though.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

>>> Somewhere within the pre-programmed firmware of Squirrels, there seems

I wonder what the turds look like when they've been eating plastic.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Maybe they are all neatly wrapped up ready for disposal? 'Auto-baggies'.

Reply to
Davey

Wasn't that the origin of Bakelite?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Sadly not. :-)

was one of the things that you got out of coal tar - a base that preceded the petrochemicals industry.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher