12-volt fatal shock Re:'snow-clearing train'

Lots. But no one buys them.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Don't the batteries just pull out on these things? I've always used mains drills myself, as the battery ones don't always have enough 'oomph', and I always pull the plug before changing the bit. Common sense really with any kind of machinery, serious injuries can result from contact with moving parts under power.

Reply to
alexander.keys1

Agreed, but there are times when that would be more risky: down and up a ladder seems more risk than just being careful. I do unplug if there's something big to use - holesaw etc. - but an ordinary drill bit is easy to avoid.

Reply to
PeterC

Only to line-dancers.

Reply to
PeterC

built bells

connected to

They were quite common in penny arcades years ago, alongside the cranes, fortune telling machines and laughing policemen ...

Made a change from flicking ball bearings around at high speed behind a sheet of glass, though ...

Reply to
Terry Casey

My last real shock was when somebody decided to phone me just as I was holding the spade terminals under the connector screws. 50V 20mA is enough to hurt.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

There's a case of a milkman electrocuted by his milk float (24V). As they commonly did at the time when they still used to service most households, he would move it forward a bit at a time by stepping half in and pressing the pedal. The bloke slipped and fell under it, trapped but not such that this was going to kill him. However, he was trapped in contact with the battery voltage for some time, and died as a result of the prolonged low voltage contact before they could get him out.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

How many tracks?

Reply to