100w spotlights in multiple-light fitting - desperately sought

Hia.

I've browsed endlessly through 40, 60, even 80w spotlight fittings (you know the sort of things - 2, 3, maybe 4 light fittings attached to a backplate of some kind, usually a bar) and very pretty many of them are.

But I really do need 100w lights. Does anyone know where they're hiding?

Regards.

Reply to
Spamfree!

If you mean 12V versions then some Alfa Romeo dealers have them for retrofit after sale back to the intended bulbs.

Reply to
Mike

Um, I don't think so! They're for my office...

Reply to
Spamfree!

You may be having trouble finding them as there have been changes in the Building Regs relating to power consumption in lighting circuits.

Just a thought, but wouldn't you be better off with 12V 50W dicrhoics? Less current, less heat, about as bright...

Reply to
Andrew Chesters

What's that all about...? Wasn't aware of it?

David

Reply to
Lobster

To quote the regs:-

Reply to
Andrew Chesters

Some R80s go as high as 100w, but mostly theyre 60w. R95 are 100w, might try googling that. Theyre like R80 but a bit bigger and a bit uglier.

I wonder why you'd need multiple 100w spots though, a special app? Would seem more logical to keep the 60s and add more background lighting, preferably of a more efficient kind.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Thanks team. Good stuff!