Outside spotlights

Hi,

I need to fit spotlights under my eves* and I am not sure what to use. They are outside, but they are not going to be rained on directly, or exposed to moisture in the way that spotlights are in a bathroom, so I am unclear what to use. Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

  • because it is the best way to light my patio, not because I think it's a great way to burn electriicity
Reply to
Chris

Rather depends on what you're looking to acheive. Are you wanting PIR detection? Do you want to flood the area with light or do you want downlighters that will cast pools of light immediately under eaves?

Take a quick google for TLC. They have an extensive range of external fittings, usually next day delivery. I've ordered from them several times, no problems at all.

Reply to
The Wanderer

I would suggest anything with IP42 or better, the 4 is for physical protection against objects >1mm and the 2 is for dripping water when tilted up to 15 degrees.

If it may be subject to wind-blown rain then go for IP43 or 44 for spraying or splashing water.

In practice, there is quite a wide range of "bathroom" rated items and this might be a more useful indication if you're buying from a non-professional outlet.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 15:59:37 +0100 someone who may be "Chris" wrote this:-

What activities do you want to light on the patio? What sort of light levels? What area? How long will the lighting be on for?

Reply to
David Hansen