"water based paint" for cpvc

Thanks to "something" [1] that caused pinholes in my home's copper pipes I broke down and had the entire hou$e replumbed with cpvc.
Some of the pipes are outdoors though and the CPVC manufacturer recommends shielding them from UV to avoid brittleness. A "water based paint" of some unspecified type is an allowable covering.
Could someone suggest a suitable brand I might find in the US, or failing a brand name, a type I can look for that I guess won't be so reactive as to dissolve the cpvc? Thanks in advance
--
[1] Neighbors point to shoddy materials. The plumbers and news reports
point to the utility. The utility of course points everywhere else,

Any outdoor LATEX paint is water based. Benjamin Moore makes a good paint. Unless you have a huge amount of above ground pipes, you'll probably get away with just a quart of paint and a quart of primer. Pick a dark color - it cuts down on UV better.
: : > Some of the pipes are outdoors though and the CPVC manufacturer : > recommends shielding them from UV to avoid brittleness. A "water : > based paint" of some unspecified type is an allowable covering. : : Any outdoor LATEX paint is water based. Benjamin Moore makes a good : paint. Unless you have a huge amount of above ground pipes, you'll : probably get away with just a quart of paint and a quart of primer. : Pick a dark color - it cuts down on UV better.
Thank you Ed, I'll look for the good paint. Do you think I'll be able to get decent UV veiling with with multiple coats of a lighter color on top of the primer to avoid a dark color? Or would a primer+darker color+primer+lighter color be better in that the outside of my home is painted off-white and the pipes would look funky if they weren't a close match.
On 12/23/2004 7:01 PM US(ET), Howard Goldstein took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

I'm lost in all of this conversation. Where the hell is pvc pipe, used for water, above ground? I have a couple of grey electrical conduit pipes exposed for about 16" before they go into the ground, but no water pipes, pvc or otherwise.
--
Bill