leaks in copper tubing

I live in a small town on the outskirts of Memphis TN. My subdivision and house is less than three years old. My step daughter lives in a subdivision across the highway from me, less than a half mile. Her subdivision is approx. 6 or 7 years old. She has had three water leaks in about six months time, her next door neighbor has had two, at least a half dozen more has had to have their house replumbed. The Mayor has said it isn't the water that it's been tested. He said the leaks are the result of cheap imported copper. I have talked to the owner of the plumbing company that did some of the roughing in and top outs in that neighborhood and his company did my step daughters house. He said it was the water. It's only been the copper tubing that's is under the slabs. I've stopped and talked to another plumbing company worker that was re piping another house and he seems to think it's a galvanic reaction in the soil. Another plumber told me it was probably due to tubing not having the plastic sleeving on it and came into contact with the cement of the slab. Now all new homes have to have cpvc used, no copper. Any other ideas of what might have caused such a rash of leaks in such a short amount of time?

Reply to
sammy

"sammy"

Do you happen to know if it's the tubing that leaks. Some morons put solder joints under a slab, but the rule is no joints underground. If it's the tubing, then, perhaps, the pumber used thinner than "K" copper. Usually, copper is impervious to soil and concrete. BTW, are you saying that the CPVC is now under the slab?

Reply to
Mike Grooms

Reply to
sammy