toilet drain flange below tile

I have a toilet on a tiled floor, and I get a sewer gas odor from it. The tile is not even, so the toilet rocks a bit.

When I take it apart, I find the waste flange is lower than the tile. There is a pvc spacer, but it's not thick enough to reach the top of the tile. There's plenty of wax, and no sign of liquid leakage.

I've looked around for a thicker spacer, at Lowe's and at the local plumbing supply. Had no success.

A plumber suggested using double wax rings, but with the toilet rocking on the tile, I'm reluctant to do this.

Anyone know where to get a thicker pvc spacer, or some kit to bring the waste flange to the proper elevation?

Reply to
mark

try Fluidmaster "wax free" bowl gasket. works with any kind of pipe it uses a gasket instead of wax, and has sort of an extender that fits down into the pipe. find em at local hardware stores under 8 bucks..

Reply to
running water

Reply to
klong

Reply to
Dale Wilcox

They actually make plastic toilet shims just for toilets. You can find them in the plumbing isle of any good hardware. All you have to do is to put the shims in and then us a razor knife and cut them even with the bowl. Once you caulk around the base of the bowl you can't even see them.

Reply to
Ted Rose