toilet drain flange below tile

I have a toilet on a tiled floor, and I get a sewer gas odor from it. The tile is not even, so the toilet rocks a bit.
When I take it apart, I find the waste flange is lower than the tile. There is a pvc spacer, but it's not thick enough to reach the top of the tile. There's plenty of wax, and no sign of liquid leakage.
I've looked around for a thicker spacer, at Lowe's and at the local plumbing supply. Had no success.
A plumber suggested using double wax rings, but with the toilet rocking on the tile, I'm reluctant to do this.
Anyone know where to get a thicker pvc spacer, or some kit to bring the waste flange to the proper elevation?

try Fluidmaster "wax free" bowl gasket. works with any kind of pipe it uses a gasket instead of wax, and has sort of an extender that fits down into the pipe. find em at local hardware stores under 8 bucks..
It would be safe to use a double wax ring, provided the flange is not to low below the tile floor, but what is really going to solve your problem is to shim the toilet so there is no rocking. you can do this by first placing the toilet sitting on the flange with the bolts in place and no wax ring, then use pennies to shim it until there is no wobble at all. then remove the toilet leaving the penny/shims in place, apply the wax rings to the flange, then re-set the toilet, being carefull that it rests on the shims in the same spots. then tighten your bolts so they are snug and recheck the shims to be sure the toilet is still resting on them. if you take your time and watch closely that the shims don't get moved and the toilet rests on them in the same place it shouldn't be too hard.On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 18:42:10

The best thing I have found to shim a W/C is plastic tile shims. You can find them in the tile section of Home Depot or your favorite hardware store. Set W/C, bolt down,(double wax or fluidmaster waxless seal) then slip in shims, mark with pencil, pull em out and cut to length, reinsert, caulk it down. Done. Dale

They actually make plastic toilet shims just for toilets. You can find them in the plumbing isle of any good hardware. All you have to do is to put the shims in and then us a razor knife and cut them even with the bowl. Once you caulk around the base of the bowl you can't even see them.