Offset Toilet Flange Extender

I need to move a toilet back about a half inch. It is mounted on a cast iron flange and pipe. I could remove the current flange and replace it with an offset flange but this is a very old home and I'm sure that it would be a major effort to remove the current flange. There is an adapter ring on top of the flange to bring it level with the tile floor.

There are a lot of places on the Web that sell straight adapters that fit on top of flanges; does anyone know where I could get an offset adapter which would both lift the surface and move it back an inch or so? I've googled on dozens of combinations but found nothing.

Thanks,

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

I'd leave it alone. Touching plumbing in an old house can cause a LOT of unanticipated work. I cannot imagine why a toilet would have to be moved back such a small amount.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You gotta tell us . . 'why'? The only possible reason I can think of that someone would want to do that is because the little woman picked out a new toilet with a wider profile and now a door won't open.

I'd replace the toilet before trying to move old cast iron. But if that isn't possible, I'd probably find a likely place to break the drain in the basement and just replace it with PVC.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

I'm just guessing he has a half inch too *little* space behind the toilet, but that's just me.

Reply to
mm

Yes, it is just you. Re-read above.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Right, the new toilet is just a little bit too long to clear the door. If I can't find an adapter, I'll just angle it a bit and claim that's the latest stlye.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

Well HE SAID he needed to move the toilet BACK. Not Forward.

I can't imagine either why he'd need to do this.

Reply to
Steve Barker

If it's truly just a half inch that's needed, you should be able to cheat it back that much. after you set it in the wax, just shove it back.

Steve Barker
*************************************

Notch the door

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I heard that was THE latest style ;-)

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

Take it back and get a "shallower" one. There is a pretty broad size range.

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

Hey, you're right. That does seem ridiculous.

Maybe the county is widening the road through the bathroom in front of the toilet.

Reply to
mm