Slow bathroom sink faucet

I have a bathroom that gets used maybe once a day. The faucet in the sink is running really slow. I would describe it as a heavy constant drip. When I shut off the faucet, it continues for maybe 4 or 5 seconds and then stops. I have taken apart all of the tubes and pipes to the wall and cleaned everything, not the cleanest water going through, and that helps for a few weeks but then it goes back to really low pressure. When I do clean it out, I get ok pressure but its not a good steady stream, it more like a spray in all directions. I am thinking there is build up in the faucet at the spout. Anyone else have any ideas and what is the easiest way to resolve this?

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Steve

"Steve"

We'll assume you've tried cleaning the aerator. If it's both hot and cold that's running slow, then you might have to change the faucet. There's a chance, though, that it could be the actual pipes running to the faucet.

Reply to
Mike Grooms