DELEX Bathroom Sink Faucet Repair ?

Hello,

Not sure if this newsgroup is meant to be for professionals only. If so, I apologize. But, would sure appreciate some help with this.

My bathroom sink faucet is (probably) quite old; might even be original with the 35 yr old house.

It's the typical two-handled type, all mounted on a base, with the spigot coming out of the middle.

This probably isn't too important, but just for info.,there is absolutely no drain closure or pull-up knob or lever anywhere on it. Might this help peg the unit ?

Found the name of the unit, but no model number. The name is "DELEX".

I've never heard of it, but a Google search seems to imply that it's an older Delta brand. Is it ? Is it some outfit Delta absorbed a while ago ? Or,...?

What would you suggest that I purchase that stands a reasonable chance of being the right size ? I know that Delta has several kits for bathroom sink two-handled faucet repairs, but they seem to be model specific ?

Is there a "universal" repair kit from Delta that would fit most any of them, including an older DELEX ?

If they were made pretty much like the new ones, I guess I would need the springs, the "top-hat" rubber washer that goes over the springs, and/or a complete new cartridge assembly.

Or,...? Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Much thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob