Sloan Valve mysteries

Why does it always seem that whenever you touch a sloan valve in anyway, it always seems to require parts? Either an O-ring, handle kit, or vacuum breaker, toilet spud.... Something else always seems to leak or stick than whatever the original problem was.
Anyone else have this problem?
Yes I have. But instead of fixing them nowadays, I use the Toto retro kit. No more problems for me or my customers