SLOAN Flushmate Urine Mist

Hi

I just got a nice Maysfield toilet with the SLOAN Flushmate.

For those of you who are not familiar inside the tank is a bladder that holds the water under pressure.

I noticed that when the toilet is flushed I feel a mist on my legs, that is when I am wearing shorts. I guess if I had the lid down, the lid would keep most of the mist in.

The other thing I don't like about it is that it is loud. The toilet is adjacent to a bedroom.

I spent alot on the toilet and am not happy with it.

Ideas?

Reply to
Tube Audio

Not much you can do about the noise. I think you know the answer to the mist.

Reply to
jmeehan

Pressure assisted toilets are noisy - this is just a fact of life. We had a Gerber for years, and never had the mist problem, but it sure was loud.

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

You did mean "Mansfield" didn't you?

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

yes, mansfield

as for the noise, I mean the noice when I flush, not the filling noise

Reply to
Tube Audio

I researched this one quite extensively and wound up buying a Kohler which uses a small electric pump for pressure assist. It has 2 flush choices, a weaker blast for liquids, and a stronger blast for solids, selected on the dual push button switch on the side of the tank. This is a one piece low profile unit which is called the San Rafael, claimed by Kohler to have the most powerful residential flush in the industry.

It is within a few feet of a Master Bedroom, and I selected it mostly for its very low noise level. The only downside I have found is that it needs a

110V outlet/A.C. power. I have a natural gas generator power backup so I don't worry about losing home power, but this could be a big drawback in a power outage situation for those without backup power or another toilet.

The unit has been in since early 2000, eight and a half years, and works flawlessly, and is very quiet.

Smarty

Reply to
Smarty

yeah i have an idea - instead of standing just piss seating

Reply to
daszkiew2000

On 8/4/2008 8:59 AM snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com spake thus:

Like in "About Schmidt", hmmmm?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

We installed two Gerbers with Flushmate valves in my parents townhome. A lot quieter than the older Kohlers I have with Sloan Fluahmate valves. But the Gerber water level is very high and can cause splashing. Best compromise might be Gerber tall models. Extra water in Gerber toilet probably means less mist. Kohler has mist too.

But Flushmate valves are still worth having despite noise and slight mist. For one thing they flush. For another they go easily 10 years with no parts needed. Try that with your flapper based toilet. Finally they sense back pressure and will stop flushing mid flush to prevent overflow.

Reply to
Art

For whatever it is worth, the Kohler unit installed here with its electric pump does NOT have any mist whatsoever, even if the more intense flush mode is selected.

Smarty

Reply to
Smarty

I would try reducing the water pressure at the toilette feed. Less pressure would probably translate into less noise and less violent flushing.

I don't have a good suggestion on how to lower the water pressure though :>)

Reply to
Chris