Simplistic question please help

I am replacing my shower (Triton T100E) that was fitted by a plumber about

10 years ago. He used plastic piping with a 15mm plastic elbow bend that attaches to the shower.

I cannot get this off. Is there a simple way? It does not seem to screw off. I've pulled very hard but cannot get this fixture to come off and I don't want to break anything.

Reply to
John

Think if you heat up a old knife you can cut it off ? You know, heat and cut heat and cut........

Reply to
Red Jacket

Thanks RJ, I ended up cutting it off with an hacksaw. I now need to somehow get some new and possibly longer extension plus some elbow type fittings to get the new shower plumbed in :-(

Reply to
John

Kewl ! I don't care what Mike G says plastic suxs. See if that was done right it would of been copper and had unions so you could * easily remove it. Well, that's in my code book anyway.

Reply to
Red Jacket

Plastic pipe implies that the fittings were glued. Look in the sprinkler parts isle at the hardware store for parts. You can often bend a straight section of pipe by applying sufficient heat to bend but not melt or burn the plastic (practice first) depending on exactly what kind of plastic you have (hopefully PVC)

Reply to
PipeDown

most plastic fittings have a button or ring to push down to allow it to be removed in 2 secs. Plastic pipe at that age will be push fit not glued.

Reply to
Milkman