Shower Neck

I am doing over an apartment and the previous tenant had so much junk hanging on the shower neck that it broke off in the wall...Trid EEZ out but i bottomed out on the down elbow. Any ideas aside from cutting out the wall and replacing the whole mess ? Thanks. HOWIE
H. Sharrott wrote:

Nothing against you for wanting to do for yourself, but I think in this case you're better off calling a plumber. I could tell you how I'd remove the nipple but it won't help you. Sometimes knowledge is not enough. Plumbing isn't brain surgery but it's an acquired skill just the same.
Mark M.
I tried the "Split it with Hax saw blade" but not enough travel for blade..tried chisel...have not torched it yet.....? I am just the maint man...guess a plumber is needed..Thanks Mark. Howie
H. Sharrott wrote:

Use a sawsall with a fine, short metal cutting blade. Make careful, not too deep cuts at 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock. Pop out the top segment with a sharp, narrow chisel. Using the chisel, bend in the remaining free ends and the nipple should be loose enough to spin or pull out.
Mark M.