Replace cartridge style shower handle?

I've taken it apart and found a red washer type thing and a green washer type thing. I've tried to twist it off but with no luck
Any suggestions
TIA
"Gus Hampton" <

Yes, what the hell are you talking about?
WOW, Has any one noticed Mike is replying from the future? How come you aren't answering before they post the question? hehe

"Dale Wilcox"
I didn't know what you were talking about, till I looked at the date. I had to use my calendar to look something up, and forgot to set it back. I'm now back in the present.