Repairing snake cable

Has anyone had any luck having a snake cable repaired? I have a Cobra drain cleaning machine and only the first 15 feet of a 75 foot cable is kinked beyond use. Can it be cut and spliced, possibly welded?

I've only dealt with ridgid and general, but I have had cables cut and repaired in the past-Rigid makes a fitting for doing it... Cobra have a website?
Jeff