How to use PVC Primer?

Hello,
How do you use PVC Primer? Do you let it dry before using the solvent welding glue?
Thanks, Mike :)
The pruple stuff? Yes let it dry.

"Lawrence James"

I just don't have the patience. Of course if it's T&M, I might be tempted.
I forgot to mention. The primer I am using is purple.
Mike :)

Just use the stuff. The only reason to use primer at all is to clean the shiny varnish off the pipe. It doesn't matter if you glue your pipe together dry or wet.