water heater foul odor and NOISE

Just installed a new American 40 gallon heater.........top element makes huge sizzling noise when on and the rotten egg smell in the shower is unacceptable. I replaced the element after the first week and still sounds like a jet airplane taking off.......and the smell still exists........I have heard of a different anode made of alum/zinc/tin that when installed will solve the smell problem.......anyone have experience solving this PROBLEM.? thnaks jeff

Reply to
baron

Don't know about the noise. I had a custemer with a WH smell problem, I maxed out the temp and the smell went away. Here is a link about the smell.

~C~

Reply to
CES