Crud in shower control question

I had a new shower installed this summer, with a new Delta control. A few weeks later, the water flow slowed and I found some white flakes inside the shower head. Cleaned them and all was OK. Eventually now the flow has really slowed and in checking I've found the same small plastic-like white flakes in all the other aerators in my house. Apparently the source is the main (county) water supply. I've been able to open up the rest of the clogged faucet by cleaning the aerators. However, the shower control is still clogged. Yesterday, I tried draining the hot water tank and then blowing the air/water thru the shower to clean it out as the tank filled, but that didn't help.. I can access the back of the control thru a wall, and I see a brass nut/fitting/plug at the bottom of it which I'm wondering if it is a cleanout?? It's about a 5/8 maybe 3/4 inch brass plug. Any help or insight appreciated. Thanks snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

shower
slowed
the
water
back
bottom of

inch
this sounds like a classic water heater dip tube is breaking apart have you noticed a difference in less hot water lately?
most shower faucets are also 'tub and shower" faucets. the plug in the bottom of the faucet isnt a cleanout,,but a plug to cap off water line to the tub spout, but it might assist to cleanout the debris from broken dip tube
Yes I have. In fact I replaced both thermostats yesterday...
Take apart the Delta mixing valve from the shower side ( after turning off the water supply to the house), clean everything out and put it back together.
MM