You Can Be Sure If It's Westinghouse

Page 2 of 2
On 4/13/2012 11:44 PM, Moe Gasser wrote:

Are they a fire and shock hazard because teh extra heat from the 60 watt bulbs or is it because they used door bell wire on the lamp holders?
On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 23:44:18 -0400, Moe Gasser

You got that right. 120 watts for the bulbs, and I doubt the fan motor is more than 80w. That's only 200w. What are they using, telephone wire to connect the thing? Hell, even that should handle 200w. Hell, I remember when they made 200, 300, and 500w incandescent bulbs.
And why stop using the fan, just install two 13w CFL bulbs (equal to 60w bulbs).
I'm surprised they even send incandescent bulbs with the fans anymore, I thought they were pretty much phased out.