You Can Be Sure If It's Westinghouse

Dining room ceiling fan has five 60 watt equivalent LED bulbs on a dimmer.

Sometimes the fixture is at full brightness. Other times, when the wife has been experimenting in the kitchen and I don't want to see what I'm eating, the fixture is dimmed way down.

Reply to
Joe

You got that right. 120 watts for the bulbs, and I doubt the fan motor is more than 80w. That's only 200w. What are they using, telephone wire to connect the thing? Hell, even that should handle 200w. Hell, I remember when they made 200, 300, and 500w incandescent bulbs.

And why stop using the fan, just install two 13w CFL bulbs (equal to 60w bulbs).

I'm surprised they even send incandescent bulbs with the fans anymore, I thought they were pretty much phased out.

Reply to
tangerine3