WTF? NO ALT. Pool?

Ok, this is freaking stupid. Google, has every god dam topic covered from apples to swingers and poop in between, but by god none for swimming pools? SHit, I ran into some old post on other newsgroups demanding google to include alt.pool-these post were from 1995!!! Very disappointed about this. Forgive me If I overlooked it but I am just looking for more info on this topic since I'll be forking over close to 50K of MY hard Earned money into one. No one cares about this? Come on, we could flame our local pool builders on these boards and offer valuable information on swimming pools for crying out loud. lol.

=Just curious--Who are you talking to? (The pool idea is a good one--Could use it myself :) ==

It's not Google's fault. There does not appear to be any newsgroup for this yet. A newsgroup about pools sounds like a good idea to me.
Here's information on how to create a newsgroup:
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/creating-newsgroups/part1 /
Ron wrote:

yes you are correct no one cares about pools.......that is why there is no newsgroup????? what would we talk about... how to fix it,, most people know how or hire someone to do it.... no sense in talking about something that you know and can fix(chemical, etc.) and if you dont know you cant add anything to it..... learn from the manufacturer, its real simple.....

There's been lots of pool questions on this group Ron. Ask away, you may get an answer.
Peter H
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Ron) wrote in message

Google has nothing to do with it.
Google is just a company that provides free software that allows us to browse Usenet articles via a web browser. If you want a new Usenet group created, read this article:
http://web.presby.edu/~nnqadmin/nnq/ncreate.html
It involves submitting a formal proposal, three weeks of discussions, a Call for Votes, etc. It's not an easy process.
-- Jennifer
On 1 Sep 2003 23:38:42 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Ron) wrote:

Very
Come
Try here http://www.marinwater.org / or here http://www.howstuffworks.com/swimming-pool.htm I'm also a new pool owner and found all I needed to know in these 2 places - YMMV. neil mcmullen
On 1 Sep 2003 23:38:42 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Ron) wrote:

poolforum.com Everything you ever wanted to know.