Wrong knock-out

Hi,
Was putting a circuit in an electrical panel, and tried to get the smallest knock-out out, but of course the largest (2"?) came out. So now what do I do? Go get a 2" connector for a single wire or is there a device that can close off this huge hole?
Thanks!
Sam
Sam Takoy wrote:

There are reducer washers available for this. Another option would be a box cover with a hole for 1/2" conduit. Fasten it to the box with a couple screws.
Sam Takoy wrote:

A big wad of duct tape around the wire will plug the hole.
--
LSMFT

I'm trying to think but nothing happens.........

I did this and just laid the knockout back in and secured it with a couple dabs of epoxy.

I did this and just laid the knockout back in and secured it with a couple dabs of epoxy. =================================== Ackshooly, pretty dumb, from several pov's. I guess you ""forgot"" about 2x1/2" donuts, eh?
--
EA

I have pushed knock outs back in by turning a knock out punch backwards so the flat sides are able to press the KO back in and it seems to be just a stout as the original state. It works best for a KO that has only been pushed slightly out.
TDD

Get a pair of 2" to 1/2" reducing washers
Sam Takoy wrote:

You could hold the knock out in place, drill 2-3 holes around the circle, and put screws and nuts or pop rivets with washers through the hole to hold it in place. Knock out the right size hole first.

*You can buy a knockout seal to close the 2" knockout and then use another knockout in the panel. You could also buy a pair of reducing washers 2"x1/2" to use that opening for your connector.
Are you sure that is a 2" (Trade size) opening? Usually 2" concentric knockouts only go down to 1" or sometimes 3/4", but every manufacturer is different.

Right next to the 2" connectors at the electrical supply will be a box of 2" plugs. Get one, pop it in, and get on with life.