Wrong knock-out

Hi,

Was putting a circuit in an electrical panel, and tried to get the smallest knock-out out, but of course the largest (2"?) came out. So now what do I do? Go get a 2" connector for a single wire or is there a device that can close off this huge hole?

Thanks!

Sam

Reply to
Sam Takoy

There are reducer washers available for this. Another option would be a box cover with a hole for 1/2" conduit. Fasten it to the box with a couple screws.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

A big wad of duct tape around the wire will plug the hole.

Reply to
LSMFT

I did this and just laid the knockout back in and secured it with a couple dabs of epoxy.

Reply to
trader4

Get a pair of 2" to 1/2" reducing washers

Reply to
RBM

You could hold the knock out in place, drill 2-3 holes around the circle, and put screws and nuts or pop rivets with washers through the hole to hold it in place. Knock out the right size hole first.

Reply to
Bob F

*You can buy a knockout seal to close the 2" knockout and then use another knockout in the panel. You could also buy a pair of reducing washers 2"x1/2" to use that opening for your connector.

Are you sure that is a 2" (Trade size) opening? Usually 2" concentric knockouts only go down to 1" or sometimes 3/4", but every manufacturer is different.

Reply to
John Grabowski

Right next to the 2" connectors at the electrical supply will be a box of 2" plugs. Get one, pop it in, and get on with life.

Reply to
mkirsch1

I did this and just laid the knockout back in and secured it with a couple dabs of epoxy. ====================================

Ackshooly, pretty dumb, from several pov's. I guess you ""forgot"" about 2x1/2" donuts, eh?

Reply to
Existential Angst

I have pushed knock outs back in by turning a knock out punch backwards so the flat sides are able to press the KO back in and it seems to be just a stout as the original state. It works best for a KO that has only been pushed slightly out.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas