Worry, worry

Had to turn on the electric blanket last night. Now I can worry about frozen water lines and, worse, frozen electric lines! Heater won't work with frozen electrons. Always need more to worry about.
On 11/6/2015 8:55 AM, KenK wrote:

the power surge can destroy electrical devices.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Oh no! More to worry about! <sigh> Maybe I could put some sort of drain on the line to get rid of some of them? They probably won't budge. <sigh again>
On Friday, November 6, 2015 at 11:07:02 AM UTC-5, KenK wrote:

If the electrons won't budge, use a POD (Pseudo Open Drain) which has a strong pull down:
http://www.nexthardware.com/repository/recensioni/970/immagini/HyperX_Predator_3000MHz_DDR4__schema_Pseudo_Open_Drain.jpgption.png
On Friday, November 6, 2015 at 1:05:19 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Whoops, bad link.
If the electrons won't budge, use a POD (Pseudo Open Drain) which has a strong pull down:
http://www.nexthardware.com/repository/recensioni/970/immagini/HyperX_Predator_3000MHz_DDR4__schema_Pseudo_Open_Drain.jpg
On Friday, November 6, 2015 at 11:07:02 AM UTC-5, KenK wrote:

Bad link in previous response. I'll ask the moderator to delete it. ;-)
If the electrons won't budge, use a POD (Pseudo Open Drain) which has a strong pull down:
http://www.nexthardware.com/repository/recensioni/970/immagini/HyperX_Predator_3000MHz_DDR4__schema_Pseudo_Open_Drain.jpg
KenK wrote:

This morning it is frosty -8C here. Last night just a trace of snow. I slept naked like always. I can sleep best naked, LOL! No worry about freezing anything. Actually electrons travel faster when frozen, remember super conductor?
On Friday, November 6, 2015 at 7:42:00 AM UTC-8, Tony Hwang wrote:

Don't count on 'not freezing anything'. I heat with wood, also sleep naked . At 0 dark 30 one very frosty nigt I was woke up by the fire alarm scream ing at us. Dove out the patio door, up the steps and out onto the weed pat ch far enough to see if he chimney was on fire. There I was 30' out in abo ut minus 20 weather in the altogether and bare feet. Fun doesn't describe it.
It was a carbon monoxide warning. ventilated the house and back to bed, no thing more heard.
Willy did thaw out.

My electric meter is outside, in the cold, but I keep a pan underneath it to catch the electrons that fall out of it. I save them in the freezer and on warm days I pour them back in the meter.
If it's more electricity than I'm using that day, the electric company pays me for them.
On 11/6/2015 10:49 AM, Micky wrote:

Shush.
If the geniuses that run the EPA read this, we will all be required to use catch pans.
On Friday, November 6, 2015 at 5:55:12 AM UTC-8, KenK wrote:

I hope you didn't forget to change over to winter light suckers!
Harry K posted for all of us...

That's dark suckers...
--
Tekkie

That's why it's best to buy wire insulated for climate zone 7 in the U.S. The electrons will always be nice and toasty.