Woodstove "plastic" smell?

Page 3 of 3
On Wednesday, October 17, 2007 9:45:57 AM UTC-4, HerHusband wrote:

Possibly the carbon build up on the inside of the unit itself. When the damper is closed just a little too much(not enough to emit smoke)on ours, we experience a very unpleasant smell. This didn't start until the unit was at least 2-3 years old.
On Wednesday, October 17, 2007 8:45:57 AM UTC-5, HerHusband wrote:

wn

rm

Hey guys I realize Im way late to the party but we have lopi endevor have h ad it for 4 years last couple it has been making a plastic chemical smell, I was wondering if any of you have nailed down a true reason. Im wondering about the incorrectly cured paint. When we first bought the stove I had tro uble burning it exactly the way they recomended be our wood ended up not be ing seasoned enough for this stove. Everything I burn now is two years seas oned and I only burn hedge. I have burnt junk mail with some plastic on it but I would think a couple 600 degree fires would deffinently make the smel l go away. would love some feed back the local stove shop were we bought it thinks were nuts.