Wood Stove Venting

When was it last code/practice to run single wall pipe through a roof for a wood stove? The reason I ask is that I was looking at an up-north cabin that has exposed rafters throughout, and the stove is just vented with single wall vent pipe through the roof, not a or b vent. Just wondering if anyone has a rough idea. Thanks
A rough idea? No, but if it's worth doing , it's worth overdoing. Not a big deal to change out, except for the roof jack. If it's a steep ptich, hire a roofer. Tom snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I meant "pitch". Tom tom wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Lots of 'cabins' were done that way back in the day and it was sorta safe as long as where it passed through the framing it was well clear of combustibles. I don't know if it would pass code today though.
Harry K

built. some joker could have done it last week for all we know. I doubt if it ever met any sort of code. haven't heard of calling a building inspector after installing a wood stove.
marson wrote:

Not a building inspector but you better call your insurance agent if you want a pay out in case of a fire.
Harry K