Wood stove pipe temp?

Is it better to stick a pipe temp. thermometer above or below the damper?

Reply to
A Veteran for Peace

Do you want to talks stoves or do you want to talk politics? Can't do both in the same posting.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

When I joined the military, we pledged to uphold the Constitution. and I believe freedom of speech is mentioned in it. and you....?

Reply to
A Veteran for Peace

The answer to your first question is that there shouldn't be a damper, the thermometer should be located about 2 feet above the surface of the stove and it all cases below the damper if you have one.

The second question presupposes that someone limited, or suggested limiting your freedom of speech, which is not true. Your assumption demonstrates a basic error in logical thinking.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

"A Veteran for Peace" wrote

Why don't you stick the the thermometer AND your politics up your f****ng ass....

Reply to
Red Neckerson

Freedom of speech is not a substitute for good manners. People with an agenda on their tag line are merely hiding behind the constitution to get there message out. This is not the place for it.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I know the military (officers at least) are pledged to uphold the Constitution, but I don't see them doing that in Iraq or Gitmo either.

Reply to
Nick Hull

You're aptly named. Why don't you? You can take the hot pipe and put it you-know-where.

I have bad news for you. There's nothing in the constitution that forbids secretly grabbing random people off the street in Iraq, and tossing them into a black hole for a decade or so without charges. Human decency, the UCMJ, International Treaties, and the habit and custom of the American people may all forbid it, but the constitution doesn't.

Reply to
Goedjn