Wood Floor Moulding

Hello. I have two questions pertaining to moulding on my floating wood floor. I have tile on the floor around the fireplace. I have the moulding cut and fit into place. There is a gap from the floor to the tile so the floor can move if it needs too. Im using T moulding. I want to attach it with some type of glue. I will put the glue on the tile part only, that way the floor can still expand under the moulding. I bought some liquid nails but I want to be sure it will work with tile. Will it work with tile is my firs question. My second question is that I have to place moulding where the sliding door is. Again I left room to expand. Im using a flat moulding. I know I will need to use sealant up against the metal frame of the 8 ft door but I have no idea on how to attach this so the floor can still move if it needs too. I can use tiny nails or i can use glue but they would have to be place on the moulding onto the floor thus I don't think it would be able to expand. This is an 8ft piece. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tom

Reply to
Thomas

Yes, any type of polyurethane construction adhesive will hold well.

Are you calking it to the door frame? If so, that is all the attachment you need and the floor will float under it. Use a flexible product, like clear silicone.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

As mentioned caulk along the door frame. I have used "a couple of brads" over an 8ft span of a door frame. Placed through the trim and into the floating floor. Sounds like you have plenty of room for movement, so a few brads won't hurt, imo.

Place a temporary weight (box of wood?) over the tim span to help with adhesion of the trim and allow to cure/set-up.

-- Oren

Oren

Thanks to both of you for replies. Where the moulding is around the fireplace tile I really need to use a brad or two where it is a little high and wont glue down because, it just wont. A brad or two will be ok? There is about 1 inch room there. Thanks.

Reply to
Thomas

That should work.

Reply to