Wives don't understand home repair.

He didn't stop for gas and ask directions, like she told him to. I'm sure he didn't get any for at least 39 of those years. ...might also explain the burning bush thing.

Reply to
krw

I certainly don't think she's unusually stupid or inarticulate. She doesn't need a TelePrompTer to give a speech. She does have a message that is rather important right now. No, she's not my fav and I would hope for better as a candidate. There are certainly a *LOT* worse. Picking on her is stupid, though the left will characterize anyone on the right as stupid and the left as the second coming. It's a meter showing just how afraid the left is of any particular candidate.

The fact that you have political commonality with her and still fall into the leftist's trap shoes how clueless you are.

Perhaps not. You can killfile me any time you want. Need help running away?

Reply to
krw

A *perfect* Obama quote, sans TelePrompTer.

Reply to
krw

Are we talking about the same person? Stupid might be debatable (some intelligent people do not know how to speak well,) but inarticulate is definitely not.

If you think that she is even *competent* as a public speaker, I'm going to assume that you didn't do particularly well in English?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Different definitions, I suppose. Hardly a reason for such bile on the left.

The point is to get across an idea. Being a professor of English isn't a job requirement.

Gratuitous ad hominem noted.

Reply to
krw

No he spent way too much time burning the bush and not enough time navigating.

Reply to
Colbyt

Could you define "public speaker"? Does reading from a teleprompter, and not being able to speak intelligently if that fails constitute a good "public speaker"?

Just wondering what type of measuring device you're using there.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

One that measures from the left.

Reply to
krw

Dual birthday-Christmas present. I'm not made of money, after all.

He had a nice week off between Christmas and New Years puttering around the shop. (When he wasn't making multiple repairs to garage doors. It's really not fair that his opener should fail just days after my spring broke. Stupid plastic gear.)

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Up here near Spokane, Wa we have been under an Arctic high, temps down near zero with highs only mid teens for over a week. Garage door failed right off when I was clearing a snow drift. Had to disconnect the opener. It would only start to close then reverse. Got a break in the weather yesterday and checked it out. Cleaned sensors, check this check that.

Discoverd that it worked just fine as long as kept my boot out of the sensor path. :(

Doesn't take much to keep this senior citizen amused

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Harry K wrote in news:17bc76f9-f38e-4a9d-897d- snipped-for-privacy@r40g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

BtDt. Thanks for amusing my spouse and me as well ...

Reply to
Han

:

Has the temp risen since the failure?

If my GDO (no sensors) is right on the edge of the down or up force required for "decent" weather, it will sometimes balk (in one or the other direction) when it gets cold. Things stiffen up a bit and the U/ D force settings sense an obstruction and do their thing.

I set mine a little stronger in the winter and then lighten them up in the spring.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I assume since you're posting a problem's description, you're seeking a solution?

I mounted my sensors on the motor unit, on the ceiling, pointing at each other. No further problems with alignment, dirt, obstructions, etc. Works swell.

Reply to
HeyBub

Great minds think alike. DH mounted the sensors on my side that way (garage came with two doors and one opener, so he installed one on my side). If/when he replaces the opener on his side, I imagine he'll do the same.

Meanwhile, if I get my boot in the way of "his" sensor, the light on the opener flashes to tell me I've been clumsy.

I figure when I'm too old to get out of the way of the door, I'll be too old to drive, anyway.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Men are from Mars, women from Venus.

Reply to
RobertPatrick

:

te:

,

Temps been hovering in the same region all the time. When the door first refused I was cleaning a snowdrift away. Then when I found the "problem", thought back, yep, boot in the beam.

I have a problem with mine every winter, have to ease off the tension so it doesn't quite hit the stop. Probably a case of frost heave (very old garage with cracked up concrete slab).

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K