Wives don't understand home repair.

Her: What are you doing today? Me: I need to install that last 4x5 area of insulation in the attic, but before I can do that I need to first install the bathroom vent duct. To install the duct I need to... Her: Nevermind...I'll see you when you're done.

or

Her: What are you doing today? Me: I need to install that last 4x5 area of insulation in the attic, but before I can do that I need to first install the bathroom vent duct. To install the duct I need to... Her: Hold on...do you think you'll be done by 3? Me: Don't know. Why?

...then we discuss what's going on and come to some sort of compromise.

It's been working for 25+ years so no need to change it now.

------- reply ---------------

After I came home I cooked her a nice comfort food dinner. I am a well trained husband. :)

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

So how come you're not cleaning his shop for him?

That might save you a few trips to the store. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I do help him clean, but I tend to put things away in the wrong drawers. My latest was putting a self-centering drill bit in the drawer with the taps. Luckily, I was on hand when he needed the bit.

Lately, he's been rearranging the shop so he can hook up the Grizzly band saw I got him for Christmas. In fact, he's probably pulling wire right now.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Or, because Usenet is lousy at transmitting subtext and body language.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

No boat. Never cleaned fish, except for gutting smelt with a pair of scissors. I'm currently spoken for, but I can add you to the waiting list. Some guy on rec.food.cooking also made an offer.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

That's Patrick F. McManus's "law of sequences" where he proves you can't get anything done and should go fishing instead.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Oren, are you single?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Please be sure to post picture of boat.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote

Lately, he's been rearranging the shop so he can hook up the Grizzly band saw I got him for Christmas. In fact, he's probably pulling wire right now.

Cindy Hamilton

Do you have any sisters?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

clipped

We lived in a condo with no garage, so hubby's lifetime collection of tools had to find a place....under the bed was for his collection of computer parts...so he got the front closet, part of the master b.r. closet, part of the laundry room, back seat of his car, trunk of my car, and other creative storage spots. He usually left tools laying around when finished with them, so I put them away (eventually). His drill bits or screw driver heads could be anywhere, so I rounded those up as well. Finally organized his tools..huge wrenches and pry bars in the wicker chest in liv. rm., etc. He got rather bothered by that, which I expected, but whenever HE couldn't find his stuff, I could :o) I hid my tools under bed in guest room...never to be touched by anyone :o)

Reply to
norminn

If there is a difference, I think males know less, because so much, or most, or all of what they think they know about "construction" is wrong.

Women seem to not be so adverse to uttering the phrase "I don't know". -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

I realize this is completely anecdotal and a sample size of one, but I have come to realize that my ex absorbed pretty much none of the things that I tried to teach her about home repair/maintenance while we were together. So *some* females just don't have the right mindset (although they may be quite capable in other fields.)

On the flip side, I can think of several female EC PM's that I have worked with and other than voice pitch and other physical differences really didn't notice anything different from the male ones that I'm used to.

nate

Reply to
N8N

You can have her. I prefer my wimmins intelligent and articulate, thanks. Preferably with a little mechanical aptitude and outdoorsiness, but still.

nate

Reply to
N8N

" snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net" wrote in news:DbCdnVFx0dev4o7QnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

He made the mess, he can clean it.

Reply to
Earl

Read a map?

Reply to
krw

Perhaps Nancy Pelosi is more your style.

Reply to
krw

She's not in the Central time zone, either. My wife is getting me a Delta

18-900L drill press but she doesn't know it yet. ;-)
Reply to
krw

Jeez...I'm lucky if I get a replacement *belt* for my drill press. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Jeez...I'm lucky if I get a replacement *belt* for my drill press. ;-)

You got a DRILL PRESS? I had some sort of a hamster device, but the hamsters died one day while cutting some stainless steel. Some people are just lucky.

Reply to
Steve B

Oren wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I'm very messy.